- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes until it is smoking hot.
- Mix together the paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin, thyme, white pepper, and onion powder.
- Oil the chicken breasts with cooking spray on both sides, then coat the chicken breasts evenly with the spice mixture.
- Place the chicken in the hot pan, and cook for 1 minute. Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side.
- Place the breasts on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes.
- Option: Serve with 2 cups of green leafy salad (like romaine hearts) with Walden Farms calorie free dressing.