Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- 1 whole spaghetti squash
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 4 tbsp Walden Farms 0-calorie Caesar Creamy Salad Dressing (or Chipotle Ranch)
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced plus additional for topping
- 1 egg white
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
- Additionally, grease a casserole dish with a little bit of olive oil.
- Cut the squash in half and scrape out the seeds.
- Rub the inside with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake, cut-side down, until fork tender, about 30-40 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- While the squash cools, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Once boiling, cook the chicken breast until no longer pink inside, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- Scrape the strands out of the cooled spaghetti squash and spread them out in one even layer on a piece of paper towel.
- Use another layer of paper towel to press out as much moisture as you can. Then, repeat with another paper towel.
- Once this is done, you should have about 3 lightly packed cups of spaghetti squash (or about 480g) Place into a large bowl.
- Shred the chicken breasts (you should end up with about 3 packed cups of shredded chicken, or 300g) and add it into the bowl with the squash.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Transfer into the prepared casserole dish, pressing out flat.
- Bake at 400 degrees, uncovered until the edges are golden brown, and the top feels set. (about 30 minutes)
- Turn the oven to high broil and broil for 5 minutes.
- Then, remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes to cool.
- Garnish with extra onions and enjoy!
*Walden Farms dressings are available for sale at the Elite Training Facility for $5/bottle.
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.6g | Protein: 29.7g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 1.7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!