Buffalo Shrimp Dinner Salad
Buffalo Spice Rub:
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 lb medium shrimp shelled and deveined (30-32 shrimp)
- 12 cups Romaine lettuce cut into 1-inch pieces (3 hearts)
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup Walden Farms calorie free creamy dressing pick your favorite flavour
- 2 T hot sauce
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- In a gallon-sized resealable bag, combine the spice rub ingredients, and give the bag a quick shake.
- Add the shrimp to the bag and shake them around to evenly coat all sides of the shrimp.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and add the oil.
- Transfer the shrimp to the skillet. Cook the shrimp 30 seconds to 1 minute, then flip them to cook an additional 30 seconds on the other side, until pink. Set aside on a plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together the lettuce, celery, onion, and blue cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients and toss them into the salad with tongs.
- Add the set-aside shrimp, and gently toss to combine.
Serving size: 3 cups salad, 7-8 shrimp, 1 tablespoon dressing
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!