Low Carb Vietnamese Style Chicken
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 shallots thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar lightly packed
- 2-4 red Thai chilis very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 4 lbs skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts
- 2 cups carrots julienned or grated
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh mint sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil sliced
- Combine broth, shallots, fish sauce, brown sugar, chiles (or crushed red pepper) and lime zest in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Nestle chicken meat-side down in the broth.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken to a clean cutting board. Discard the skin and shred the meat.
- Return the chicken to the slow cooker and stir in carrots, lime juice, mint and basil.
- Enjoy on it's own or divide up into lettuce wraps with Walden Farms dressing.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 3g | Fiber: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!