Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt-free garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 3 lb turkey breast with skin
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 splash dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix 1/4 cup butter, garlic, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic and herb seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a bowl.
- Place turkey breast with skin side up into a roasting pan.
- Loosen skin with your fingers; brush half the butter mixture over the turkey breast and underneath the skin. Reserve remaining butter mixture.
- Tent turkey breast loosely with aluminum foil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 1 hour; baste turkey breast with remaining butter mixture. Return to oven and roast until the juices run clear and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, not touching bone, reads 165 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 30 more minutes.
- Let turkey breast rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- While turkey is resting, transfer pan drippings to a skillet. Skim off excess grease, leaving about 1 tablespoon in skillet. Place skillet over low heat; cook and stir shallot in turkey grease until opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in skillet with shallot and whisk in white wine, scraping any browned bits of food from skillet. Whisk in chicken stock and flour until smooth.
- Bring to a simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- Drizzle lightly onto a slice of turkey & enjoy!
- TIP: For even lighter and healthier option, skip the gravy and use your favourite Walden Farms Creamy Dressing instead. ...mmmm creamy bacon 😉
Serving: 4oz | Calories: 192.5kcal | Carbohydrates: 2.2g | Protein: 30.1g | Fat: 5.9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!