- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine dry
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 5-6 sprigs fresh herbs (tarragon, dill, parsley)
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 lbs skin-on salmon or 8 filets (4 oz each)
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- lemon wedges
- Combine water, wine, lemon, shallots, bay leaf, herbs, peppercorns and salt in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Season the top of the salmon with salt and pepper and place in the slow cooker, skin side down.
- Cover and cook on low until salmon is opaque in color and flakes gently with a fork.
- Start checking for desired doneness after 45 minutes to an hour and continue cooking until preferred doneness is reached. (Salmon can be held on the warm setting for several hours.)
- Drizzle salmon with good-quality olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.