Registered Massage Therapy in Kitchener with Dorothy Sinding, RMT
If you want to feel your best, book the best massage!
From shoulder tension to elevated blood pressure and heart health, stress affects us all. Working out muscle tension during a massage from a registered therapist helps make chronic pain - as well as short term stress - easier to work through.
Whether you need to have a moment of relaxation, reduce muscle tension, or attain relief from chronic pain, massage therapy can enhance your overall well-being. Massage therapy can help alleviate musculoskeletal disorders associated with everyday stress, muscular overuse, the physical manifestation of mental distress and many persistent pain syndromes.
Did you know, massage therapy can also be used as part of a preventative care program? This includes sports training, injury prevention, ongoing stress management and more!
Offering several types of massage therapy
Offering Swedish, Relaxation, Pregnancy, Deep Tissue, Sports Massage as well as Aromatherapy in 30, 45, 60 and 90 minute massage sessions. Hot Stone Massage is also available.
About Dorothy Sinding - Owner/Registered Massage Therapist
Dorothy is an honours graduate from the Canadian College of Massage and Hydrotherapy and registered with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario.
Even though very capable of treating ailments like muscle soreness, injuries and stress, Dorothy also has a unique niche. She helps people suffering from headaches feel their best.
As a headache sufferer herself, she’s made it a priority to learn how to alleviate tension headaches through deep tissue massage and pressure point treatments. Experiencing the pain and discomfort of a headache is incredibly common. If you are looking for a more natural way to treat your headache, you may want to think about registered massage therapy.
Safety is our #1 priority.
As a Registered Massage Therapist and member of the RMTAO, Dorothy Sinding, RMT is well informed and ready to treat you.
Here is what you can expect when visiting our facility for a massage:
Before you arrive for a massage therapy appointment:
• Be patient and assess your own needs. RMTs are required to prioritize patients with more essential/urgent care needs.
• Ensure you arrive alone, and as close to your appointment time as possible. If you are unable to arrive alone, the person accompanying you will be screened, asked to provide their name and phone number for contact tracing purposes and will be required to wear a cloth or disposable mask.
• We ask that you arrive for your appointment no earlier than 5 minutes prior to avoid unnecessary contact with other clients or having to wait in the common area.
• You will be virtually screened for your risk of COVID-19. This will likely be arranged during or soon after you book your appointment.
• You will notice that there is more time between available appointments. This is because we need more time between patients to complete all cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
When you arrive:
Once you arrive at your massage therapy treatment, things might look a little different, and you may be asked to behave a little differently than you would have in the past. When you arrive at your massage therapy appointment you will:
• Be required to wash your hands. You will see signage outlining proper handwashing procedures. Your RMT will also wash their hands before each treatment, after disinfecting the space.
• Be screened again for COVID-19 to ensure your status has not changed.
• Be asked to provide your name and phone number in a log to be used for potential future contact tracing.
• Bring a disposable or reusable mask, which you will be asked to wear for the duration of the treatment. If you do not have a mask, we do have extras available. If you have any concerns about wearing a mask, please contact Dorothy Sinding, RMT in advance.
• We have signage at entrances and reception areas that outline the signs and symptoms of COVID-19, what to do if one is at risk, and how to limit transmission.
During your appointment:
While the treatment will remain as normal as possible, there will be a couple of changes.
• You will be asked to wear your mask during the treatment.
• Your RMT will also be wearing a mask at all times.
Behind the scenes:
There are a lot of things that Dorothy Sinding, RMT will be doing behind the scenes to keep her patients safe. This includes:
• Changing linens, blankets and pillows between patients which will be washed and dried on the highest heat setting possible.
• Cleaning and disinfecting high touch surfaces (e.g. light switches, doorknobs, countertops, etc.) in between every client.
• Disinfecting the treatment room and all of its equipment between patients. This includes but is not limited to the massage table, stool, chairs, oil bottle and face cradle. Any face cradle cover is changed after each patient.
After the appointment:
After your appointment and as you go to pay and leave the clinic, things might be a little different as well.
• If you’ve gotten paper receipts in the past, we have gone paperless (if possible), to discourage touching any shared surfaces. Your RMT receipt will be emailed to your right after your appointment.
• The debit/credit terminal will be disinfected after each use.
• After the appointment your RMT will wash their hands (including forearms and elbows) with soap and water before and after disinfecting. They will then clean and disinfect anything used during the appointment.
• While you are not receiving massage therapy treatment, you should maintain a 2-meter distance from your RMT.
Although the treatment environment and the procedures you are expected to follow might be a little different, what remains the same is Dorothy Sinding’s commitment to the health and safety of her patients. During this unprecedented time, we are working hard to ensure that we can provide you with the health care you need as safely as possible.
Direct Billing Available
We support direct billing for massage therapy through the following insurance companies: Chamber of Commerce Group Insurance, Cowan, Desjardins Insurance, Great-West Life, Industrial Alliance, Johnson Inc., Manulife Financial, Maximum Benefit or Johnston Group, Standard Life, Sun Life Financial, Blue Cross, Green Shield Canada, SSQ Financial Group
Now offering corporate on-site massage therapy!
A valued Workplace Wellness service from small offices to multi-national corporations – your employees will enjoy the convenience and accessibility of onsite massage for regular, occasional or one time visits.
The Benefits Of Registered Massage Therapy
There are tremendous benefits to be achieved through regular registered massage therapy treatments from a Registered Massage Therapist. Whether your need is to have a moment of relaxation, reduce muscle tension or attain relief from chronic pain, a therapeutic massage can enhance your overall sense of emotional and physical well-being.
Massage therapy can be an important part of your health maintenance plan by:
- Reducing or eliminating pain
- Improving joint mobility
- Improving circulation
- Improving lymphatic drainage
- Reducing muscular tension
Massage therapy can be used for the treatment of both acute and chronic conditions. RMTs can work with a wide variety of patients, of all ages, in the treatment of illness, injury rehabilitation and disability.
No Show, Late Arrivals & Cancellation Policy:
When you book a massage therapy appointment, that time is set aside for you, and missed appointments prevent us from accommodating other clients. Please understand that therapists and trainers only get paid when they deliver a service. If you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the treatment as booked which must be paid prior to receiving further massage treatments.
If an emergency situation arises, please let us know so that we can treat your specific situation with personal attention. We recognize that there are circumstances that are out of your control (sudden illness, family emergencies, etc.) and your therapist may make an exception to the above policies on those rare occasions.
Missed appointment payments can NOT be billed to your insurance company. If you arrive late for your scheduled massage appointment, you will receive the remaining time allotted for the late appointment, however: you will be charged for the full duration of the scheduled appointment.