Do you often feel exhausted around 2 o’clock most afternoons? When this fatigue kicks in does it make it difficult for you to concentrate and get your important work done?
If you’re like me, this happens often. Even when I’m eating right and getting enough sleep I’ll feel mentally wiped out by the middle of the day. While a cup of coffee will give me a boost I’ll only end up coming down from it in a few hours and feel lousy all over again. I also don’t want caffeine at this time of the day since it will keep me up at night.
What I needed was something that gave me energy without the negative side effects of caffeine. It also had to be convenient to take from my desk or wherever I was at a given time.
I found my answer in Nutraphase BCAAs
BCCAS are comprised of Isoleucine, leucine and valine. Although readily available in a wide variety of foods the highest concentration is found in protein rich animal foods. Seeds, nuts, brown rice, legumes and fortified cereals are plant based alternatives. More often than not training goals dictate an athletes’s menu! Nuts and seeds are both high in fat and calories. Complex carbohydrates are full of fabulous fibre but may cause GI distress.
Reducing caloric intake by lowering fat or complex carbohydrates usually means consuming incomplete proteins. This may leave vegan athletes deficient in amino acids. Nutraphase’s Vegan BCAAS is the answer. The list of benefits is endless:
- Increased endurance
- Prevents fatigue
- Improved mental clarity
- Increased energy
- Enhanced performance
- Prevents protein loss
- Help limit muscle wasting
- Stimulates the building of protein
The bottom line is quite simple. BCAAS prevent muscle atrophy or shrinkage while enhancing aerobic endurance. In other words, go ahead and continue to train insane. BCAAS help preserve muscle tissue while allowing you to drop body fat! NUTRAPHASE has added Glutamine to their product for a few reasons.
- Helps maintain muscle
- Prevents muscle breakdown
- Enhances glycogen storage (body’s equivalent of money in the bank for a rainy day)
- Aids in recovery
Exercise is a stress reliever for many but over training triggers the release of the stress hormone cortisol. Cortisol is known as the fight or flight hormone. Stubborn belly fat is often the end result. Glutamine may work countering cortisol by offering immune system support. Glutamine is also helpful with leaky gut and repairing damage due to Celiac disease. NUTRAPHASE has added Citrulline Malate to their formula. This amino acid changes into Arginine. Citrulline Malate may help the body make more protein and increase the size of arteries and veins. This means more oxygen rich blood pumping to those hard working muscles! Let’s talk Vitamin B6! The best sources are found in meat and whole grains especially wheat. Vegans and Celiac? Not a problem! I’m so pleased NUTRAPHASE has added 5mg of Vitamin B6 to their gluten free BCAAS. This important vitamin has a wide range of jobs.
- Aid in the creation of amino acids and protein
- Help convert food into energy
- Helping the body metabolize fats and proteins
- Aids in manufacturing muscle and hemoglobin (blood) protein
- Helps to make hormones seratonin and norepinephrine which affect moods
- Helps the body produce melatonin – this regulates our internal clock
- Ease joint pain
- Helps with muscle fatigue
- Regulating water retention
- May prevent headaches
- After training it’s not uncommon to drop water weight. Sweating causes a loss in precious minerals. Restoring electrolytes helps bring the body back to balance. This trio’s benefits are key to recovery. Prevent cramping
- Water balance
- Aid in nerve function
- Help muscles contract
- Help transport glucose to cells
NUTRAPHASE VEGAN BCAAS are free of artificial flavours, colours, sweeteners, gluten-free and the flavour is untouchable. NUTRAPHASE VEGAN BCAAS are now available at the Elite Training Facility.
Leave a Comment