- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 lb raw boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 T chopped fresh basil
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" X 8" baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine crushed tomatoes with 1 tsp. each garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- In another medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs with 1 tbsp. Parm, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. onion powder, and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Evenly distribute chicken pieces into the baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. onion powder, and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
- Evenly layer the following ingredients over the chicken: basil, seasoned tomatoes, 1/2 cup mozzarella, and remaining 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with seasoned breadcrumbs and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella.
- Bake until entire dish is hot and bubbly and cheese has melted, about 30 minutes.