Elite Spaghetti Bolognese
- 1 Hayter's Farm Mild Italian Turkey Sausage
- 5 – 10 fresh basil leaves (depending on how much you like basil flavour)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes *optional – use if you like the extra heat
- 1/2 cup Farm Boy Homestyle Pasta Sauce (they have other varieties, but make sure you get the "Homestyle" as it's the only one that is 25 calories per serving)
- 1/2 pkg It's Skinny Pasta (100 g pkg – any variety, although the angel hair is my favourite)
- 1/4 cup Walden Farms 0 Calorie Balsamic Salad Dressing
- 15 g Black Diamond high protein cheese, grated
- Pepper to taste
- In a food processor (or blender) place 1/2 cup of pasta sauce and basil. Blend until evenly mixed and no chunks remain. Pour into small sauce pan and cook on low. Optional: add red pepper flakes if you like a spicy sauce.
- Remove turkey sausage casing, place sausage in a non-stick frying pan, break apart meat and cook on medium until fully cooked. Add meat to sauce and continue simmering on low heat.
- Remove It's Skinny Pasta from package, rinse well and drain as per directions on package. Weigh out 100g and place in a clean non-stick pan. Warm-up on high heat for a few minutes to cook away excess liquid. Add 1/4 cup of the Walden Farms dressing to the noodles, turn the heat down to medium and continue cooking, stirring often until evenly blended. Add pepper if desired.
- Place noodles on a plate, top with turkey meat sauce and 15g of high protein cheese. Enjoy!
*Walden Farms dressings and It’s Skinny Pasta are available for sale at the Elite Training Facility.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.8g | Protein: 24.3g | Fat: 9g | Fiber: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!