Italian Crumb Topping Cod
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 T cornmeal
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 3oz cod fillets
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- In a small shallow bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, cheese, cornmeal, oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Set aside.
- Coat the rack of a broiling pan with cooking spray. Place the cod on the rack, folding under any thin edges of the filets. Brush with the egg white, then spoon the crumb mixture evenly on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork and is opaque all the way through.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 18.2g | Fat: 2.9g | Fiber: 0.5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!