Low Carb Jambalaya
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup red onions diced
- 180 g boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into chunks
- 2 chicken and turkey sausage cut into chunks (I recommend Simple Choice Naturals)
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 6 oz tomato sauce
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups raw cauliflower rice
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 T dried thyme
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- green onions thinly sliced (optional garnish)
- Prepare the cauliflower rice by placing raw cauliflower florets in a food processor or blender. Pulse blend until the cauliflower has a rice-like texture. Careful not to over do it so that the cauliflower becomes minced.
- Tip: Cauliflower has a LOT of water and often times it can make recipes “soupy.” Empty the cauliflower contents onto a cheesecloth and wrap it up like a ball. Squeeze the ball of cauliflower in order to get out all of the water. Once you squeeze out the most amount of water as possible, empty the contents onto another dry piece of cheesecloth and repeat. After squeezing the second time, I like to spread the cauliflower out on a paper towel and let it air dry for at least 20 minutes so that it can be as dry as possible.
- Set a large nonstick skillet on medium high heat and add olive oil, garlic and red onions. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, allowing the onion to brown. Be careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the chicken and turkey sausage and cook until the outside of the chicken is no longer pink, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, celery and cherry tomatoes. Stir. Then, add tomato sauce and the seasonings. Stir and cook for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Fold in the cauliflower rice. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, tomato paste and the bay leaves. Add a few pinches of sea salt and pepper, then stir it up. Reduce the heat to medium and cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover, then remove the skillet from the heat, stir it up and allow the jambalaya to “breathe” and thicken. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper, then garnish with green onions.
- Divide up into 6 equal portions & enjoy!
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.5g | Protein: 23.1g | Fat: 9.4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!