Philly Cheesesteak Carb Smart Sandwich
- flank steak
- 1 cup Walden Farms BBQ Sauce Smoked Hickory
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- habanero sauce
- cooking spray
- 1 white onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup dry pressed cottage cheese or 2 wedges of light Laughing Cow Cheese
- 1 slice Dimpflmeier Carb Smart ™ Bread
- Slice flank steak across grain, approximately 1/4 inch deep.
- Place in a zip-lock bag, add 1 cup of Walden Farms BBQ sauce (and a dash of habanero if you'd like).
- Add minced garlic.
- Zip up the bag and place in fridge for 2 hours to marinade.
- Meanwhile, slice up onion and green pepper.
- Spray a non-stick pan with cooking spray, toss in sliced onion and cook on low heat to caramelize the onions.
- Spray a second pan with cooking oil, toss in the green peppers and cook on medium until soft.
- Heat up a grill to high.
- Remove steak from marinade and grill to desired doneness. (approximately 4 minutes for medium rare).
- Wrap flank steak in tinfoil and let sit for 10 minutes to lock in the juices.
- Slice up the steak into this strips. Place 40g of steak on slice of Carb Smart bread.
- Top with 1/4 cup of onions & 1/4 cup of peppers and 1/4 cup of pressed cottage cheese. (or 2 wedges of Light Laughing Cow Cheese)Broil in the oven until cheese appears soft.
- Remove from oven & enjoy!!Note: Pressed cottage cheese is best option for "Eating for Success", however if you prefer the Laughing Cow option it is only slightly higher in fat.Nutrition info: (with Laughing Cow Cheese)Calories: 273 Protein: 30.6 Carb: 7g Fat: 15
Serving: 1sandwich | Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 37.6g | Fat: 12.3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!